A Brief Overview of Columbia County Economic Development Corporation
What is the purpose of the Columbia County Economic Development Corporation?
CCEDC fosters economic growth and diversity that results in an enriched quality of life for all.
A collaborative partner with stakeholders in leading strategic change in Columbia County, leveraging opportunities to be the gateway location for vocation, education, recreation, and avocation.
CCEDC SHARED VALUES:
Catalyst for economic development;
Communities - support vital agricultural rural communities and close knit villages and cities;
Entrepreneurship - provide resources, support and networks for new and existing businesses;
Diversity - embrace the multi-cultural heritage, natural beauty, tourism, tourism, manufacturing, agriculture, and educational assets that abound in Columbia County; and;
Collaborate - mutually work together with key stakeholders.
Create a structure for effective and accountable operations that enhances board member involvement and knowledge, builds trust and projects a positive image for the entire county.
- Improves Communications
- Promotes and Celebrates Success
- Establishes a clear Mission, Goals and Objectives.
The Columbia County Economic Development Corporation is a non-profit corporation established in 1992 to coordinate economic development throughout Columbia County, Wisconsin. The corporation is staffed by a full time economic professional and a part-time administrative assistant, and is governed by a Board of Directors . The corporation had been fully-funded by the Columbia County Board and previously participating municipalities on a per capita basis up until the recession. CCEDC is under a reorganization and restructure due to the discontinued funding from Columbia County for 2019. The County has requested CCEDC ask businesses for financial support along with communities, due to Columbia County budgetary constraints and dipping into reserves for six+ years.
Columbia County Economic Development Corporation Activities and Accomplishments:
Create an environment in which businesses flourish, new businesses are created, and employees prosper.
- Focuses on Business Retention and Expansion
- Offers Manufacturer / Business of Year Awards and conducts business visits
- Assistance for Start-up Business
- Promotes Entrepreneurship through Entrepreneur & Inventor’s Club and Small Business Development Committee
- Facilitates the creation and retention of quality jobs
- Fills existing vacant buildings and Industrial Parks by utilizing Location One Information System (LOIS) program
- Maintains central regional data
- Updates community profiles and inventories of buildings and sites
- Works with prospects from Alliant Energy and WEDC
- Maintains a Website serving as a portal for community information and resources
- Markets Revolving Loan Funds
- Conducts business visits.
Since its creation in 1992, CCEDC has been involved in a number of successful economic development efforts aimed at improving the quality of life in Columbia County.