American Rescue Plan Act – State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) was signed into law by President Biden on March 11, 2021. This new federal COVID-relief package includes direct funding to counties through the U.S. Treasury Department in order to improve the safety, health and opportunity for all within our communities, with a focus on those most harmed by COVID-19.
Allowable use of funds
- Support public health expenditures
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency
- Replace lost public sector revenue
- Provide premium pay for essential workers
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure