Food Share (formerly known as Food Stamps) helps individuals and families who have little money to buy the food they need to have a healthy, adequate diet. The amount of the FoodShare benefit is based on household size and income. For further information about the FoodShare program:

How to Apply

To apply for benefits, check your benefits, report changes, ask questions, make/reschedule an appointment or complete renewals, go to (24/7) or call the Capital Consortium Call Center at 1-888-794-5556 (Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm).

In-person applications can be made at the following location:

    Columbia County Health and Human Services
    111 E. Mullett St.
    Portage, WI 53901
    Monday through Friday
    8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

All paper applications and verification items should be mailed to CDPU, PO Box 5234, Janesville, WI 53547-5234, faxed to 1-855-293-1822, or scanned and submitted thru Original documents mailed to the CDPU will NOT be returned.

Getting Started

Graphic Button For Access