The Southern Housing Region has a Community Development Block Grant for housing rehabilitation. The funds will be loaned at 0% interest to eligible households for home repairs. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no cost to fill out an application and all information submitted is strictly confidential.
Eligible counties: Columbia, Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Ozaukee, Racine, Rock, Sauk, Walworth and Washington.
The following entitlement communities are not eligible: Racine, Beloit, Janesville and Kenosha.
Funds are available for the following types of projects:
- Homeowners – These funds will be lent to eligible households for home repairs. The loan is a 0% interest, deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there.
- Tenants – Loans are available to assist with purchasing a home. The loan is a 0%, deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there. Funds can assist you with down payment and closing costs. There will also be funds available to make repairs to the home that you purchase.
- Landlords – Installment loans are available for landlords who rent to tenants that are low to moderate income. The loan is a 0% interest loan. Contact the program administrator for more details.
- Contractors – If you are a contractor interested in working with the housing program, please contact Hannah Fahrenbruch for more information. There are limited contractors that work in the area, so it is a great opportunity for qualified contractors!
The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs:
- Replace Windows & Doors
- Electrical Updates
- Connect Water & Sewer Lines
- Siding & Porch Repairs
- Repair/Replace Heating Systems, Water Heaters & Plumbing Systems