Women enrolled in Columbia County’s Prenatal Care Coordination program can expect:
- One-to-one visits with a nurse, usually once per month, but there can be more frequent visits if you would like. Visits can occur in your home, at the Health and Human Services building, or another mutually agreed upon location. Just ask your nurse!
- Information about pregnancy and parenthood tailored to your specific interests and learning needs.
- Screening for pregnancy-associated depression and anxiety.
- Support with breastfeeding your baby.
- Connections to community and personal resources that meet your individual needs.
- Personal and family support.
Columbia County’s Prenatal Care Coordination program DOES NOT replace your prenatal medical check-ups with your doctor or nurse-midwife, but rather gives you more time and information to prepare you for your new baby.