DNR Vehicle Renewals

DNR Vehicle Renewals (ATV, Boat & Snowmobiles)

You can renew your ATV, Boat or Snowmobile registration in person:

Columbia County Clerk's Office

112 East Edgewater Street in Portage, WI.


  • Date of Birth
  • DNR Customer Number, Driver's License Number, or Social Security Number 
  • Any documentation for the type of vehicle you are renewing
  • Be prepared to pay extra if you use a Debit or Credit Card.  The Debit fee is an additional $2.50 and the Credit Card fee depends on the amount of the transaction. 


We are NOT able to register newly purchased vehicles.  There are three options to get the vehicle registered:

  • You can go to a DNR Service Center (Fitchburg and Madison are the closest locations)
  • Online at
  • By mail

Please refer to the links below to view the applications and their prices.